The ODP Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2024–2028, Prevention Research: Creating a Healthier Future for All (PDF) includes seven strategic priorities and five cross-cutting themes that will guide the activities of the office over the next 5 years. The theme reflects our commitment to designing programs and initiatives that benefit everyone.
The ODP Strategic Plan is organized around seven priorities designed to advance prevention research through innovation and collaboration. These strategic priorities leverage the tools, resources, and knowledge generated across the office.
These cross-cutting themes (PDF) represent areas of opportunity for ODP to develop targeted scientific and programmatic activities to accelerate prevention research.
- Risk and protective factors for illness, injury, and the leading causes of death
- Social determinants of health
- Development and testing of preventive interventions
- Dissemination and implementation research
- Workforce development and research capacity building