- Office of Disease Prevention
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
Thank you for joining us for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Pathways to Prevention Workshop: Advancing Research To Prevent Youth Suicide. During this 1½-day workshop, we will evaluate the current state of knowledge on youth suicide and identify opportunities for future research. This e-Program Book includes important workshop information including the full agenda with presentation summaries, speaker biographies, continuing education credit instructions, and information about the NIH Clinical Center and the NIH campus. Feel free to contact us at NIHP2P@mail.nih.gov or reach out to us at the Registration Desk at the entrance to the auditorium with any questions.
Information About the NIH Clinical Center
and Masur Auditorium
Information About the NIH Clinical Center and Masur Auditorium
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center is the nation’s largest hospital devoted entirely to clinical research. The Clinical Center consists of the Mark O. Hatfield Clinical Research Center as well as the original Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center. Masur Auditorium is located in the Magnuson Center and is best accessed using the Clinical Center’s South Entrance. Visitor information is available at http://www.nih.gov/about/visitor/.
- NIH Clinical Center Map (PDF-311 KB)
- NIH Clinical Center – Access and Directions
- NIH Campus Map
- NIH Campus Shuttle
Wireless Internet Access
Guest wireless service is available for workshop participants at the NIH Clinical Center. This service provides access to the Internet and social media only. Please note that the network is not secure or encrypted, and it does not allow access to any NIH internal systems, services, or resources.
To access the guest wireless service, simply follow these steps:
- Select the NIH-Guest-Network in “Available Wireless Networks” from a laptop or mobile device, then click the “Connect” button.
- Once you launch a web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari), you will be redirected to a page displaying the network’s Terms and Conditions.
- After reading the Terms and Conditions, click “Accept” and you will have immediate access to the Internet.
If you have problems accessing the guest wireless service, visit a hospitality desk centrally located on the first floor of the Clinical Center or contact Wireless Device Assistance at 301-451-4380.
NIH Campus Dining Options
Two coffee bars are available that offer hot and cold drinks as well as prepared sandwiches and salads. One is located in the first-floor atrium near the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES) Bookstore and is open 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The other is in the Main Atrium of the Clinical Center and is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Additional Cafeteria Locations:
- Building 31, First Floor
- Building 12B, First Floor
The Fresh Fork Catering at NIH offers workshop participants the option to preorder their lunch using this convenient NIH online option. Participants are encouraged to place their order at least 24 hours in advance, but orders may be placed up to 48 hours in advance. When completing the Delivery/Pickup section for your online order, please include the following details:
- Building Name = Clinical Center
- Room Name = Masur Auditorium Foyer
- Meeting Name = P2P Workshop
More information can be found at: https://eurestconferencecatering.catertrax.com/ .